“In a recent study, training alone improved leadership skills by 22%. When combined with Executive Coaching, improvement jumps to 77%.” Fortune
Leadership coaching supports the leaders in becoming a better version of themselves and prepare them for taking up higher challenging roles.
Leadership coaching helps leaders in following three dimensions.
Leadership coaching empowers the leaders to be effective in inspiring their teams and have an excellent connection with team members. It helps them win the trust of their team, create a better environment at work, and achieve success for the organization.
Focused leadership coaching also helps the leaders in becoming better leaders and help their teams navigate through challenging times with ease. It also helps the organization achieve higher results through driving enhanced effectiveness and efficiency of people across levels.
One of the significant dimensions of Leadership coaching is Executive presence coaching as it helps enhance the overall executive presence of senior leaders.
Who can benefit from leadership coaching?
1. High potential senior leaders: Every large organization depends heavily on the pool of High potential leaders and they invest heavily in their leadership development. It’s a myth that leadership coaching is for those leader who are not competent in leading people.
On the contrary, high potential leaders get tremendously benefitted by going through this executive coaching process. It helps them move from being good to great. In this process, leaders set two to three goals that are measurable, challenging, and inspiring along with the coach. That gives clarity about the focus areas for the leader, and they work on those areas during the coaching session, which is one-to-one coaching for a period of 4 to 6 months.
2. Leaders getting ready to take up higher roles: Leaders who are getting prepared to take up higher job roles need focused leadership coaching to gain confidence to take up the new challenge. There are at times, blind spots in one’s leadership styles, which gets addressed through this executive coaching process. It not only helps in improving their emotional intelligence and their interpersonal relationships but also help them develop higher strategic orientation.
3. Leaders new in critical- people leadership roles: Leaders who are new in a critical role need to have excellent relationships with the team and the stakeholders. Leadership coaching helps improve team relationships, reduces conflicts, and helps them build excellent stakeholder relationships.
4. Leader who were in senior individual contributor role and now moved to the people leadership role: Moving from an IC role to a people leadership role throws open a wide range of new challenges in front of these leaders.
People leadership role demands a higher level of ability to work with people, inspire them, coach them and get things done. New people leaders who have been good individual contributors can develop strategic thinking and collaborative mindset with the help of leadership coaching. A coach acts as a sounding board and accountability partner for such leaders and helps them gain clarity and confidence.
5. Funded start-up owners: Startup founder coaching is very significant for any new venture as a lot of money and reputation is at stake. Founders have great ideas and great technical expertise however most of them may not have adequate leadership experience. Executive presence coaching can help enhance the overall executive presence of funded start-up owners.
It is because they may have a lot of great ideas and the ability to implement them, but they may need powerful executive presence to create the desired impact in the market.
6. Heirs of family-owned businesses: Heirs of a family-owned business can also benefit from executive coaching. They need to develop an executive presence as well as need to acquire a collaborative mindset to take their family business further. An executive coach can be excellent support for them to discuss their challenges and work on the strategies to achieve the desired goals. They continuously learn in the coaching process by reading a lot of books, seeing videos, etc., to sharpen their axe.
Heirs of family-owned businesses: Heirs of a family-owned business can also benefit from executive coaching. They need to develop an executive presence as well as need to acquire a collaborative mindset to take their family business further. An executive coach can be excellent support for them to discuss their challenges and work on the strategies to achieve the desired goals. They continuously learn in the coaching process by reading a lot of books, seeing videos, etc., to sharpen their axe.
If you want to take coaching from him or want to refer someone you know, you may contact him for Executive Coaching in Bangalore.