Narayan Murthy, the co-founder of Infosys, was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He worked his way up through hard work.
Indra Nooyi, the CEO of PepsiCo, was a mediocre student at IIM Calcutta, according to one of the faculty members there, but she reached such great heights in her career.
Dhirubhai Ambani, the founder of Reliance Industries, started his career as a dispatch clerk with a company in Yemen at the age of 16 years. He rose to such great heights, and created a big industrial empire, and became one of the richest men in the world.
How all three above leaders grew to such heights when they had a very humble beginning initially?
They had, what Carol Dweck, author of Mindset calls, a growth mindset.
All successful leaders have a growth mindset.
A growth mindset is the understanding that one can develop his/her abilities and understandings(Mindset Works, n.d.). Those with a growth mindset believe that they can get smarter, more intelligent, and more talented through putting in time and effort.
A leader with a growth mindset sees failure not as a final thing but as a springboard to success.
Carol Dweck, a world-renowned Stanford University psychologist, after decades of research, discovered the power of mindset.
She describes that there are two types of people in the world, one with a fixed mindset and others with a growth mindset.
Those with a fixed mindset believe that their talent, intelligence, and creativity are unchangeable. Therefore, such type of mindset results in career stagnation.
Those with a growth mindset believe that they can grow their knowledge, skill, and creativity through persistent effort. These individuals are great learners. They keep learning and keep growing in their lives.
Leaders with a growth mindset are always willing to learn and grow in their skills, knowledge, and efficiency. It is because of their willingness to learn and grow that a one-to-one executive coaching or leadership coaching can help them tremendously.
1. Leaders with a growth mindset want to take on higher responsibilities and wish to develop their executive presence, and this is where executive coaching can help them a lot.
2. Leaders with a growth mindset want leadership skills development, and executive coaching can help in that.
3. Leaders who are entrepreneurs and have their start-ups need founder coaching, which is a part of executive coaching.
4. Leaders who have a growth mindset want to increase their executive presence to take on higher roles and responsibilities and in that executive presence coaching, is a big help.
5. Leaders who have a growth mindset and who are heading their functions or are CEOs of their companies face many challenges. So they need a qualified executive coach who can be their sounding board and asks powerful questions that may guide them towards solutions.
Coach Kshitij is a successful CXO coach and is well-known in the field of executive presence coaching. He has worked in multinational organizations at the senior level and then as a founder of a successful training and coaching company.
It is his passion to help senior corporate executives to experience career fulfillment and achieve their most cherished goals like a promotion to the next level or starting their venture.
To discuss Kshitij’s executive coaching services for yourself or the individuals in your organization, Contact Coach Kshitij for Executive Coaching in Bangalore.